Sunday, April 5, 2020

Site policy changes

I recently learned that my fonts are being shared in other sites. I found out about this through search engines. I am truly disappointed to know that there are people out there who would not grant a simple request not to share my fonts in other sites and forums in exchange for downloading the fonts for free. The worst thing is that my fonts' documentation were removed when the fonts were redistributed which might make you to assume that the fonts were made by those sites. Then they also monetized the fonts. Because of this, I decided to release all fonts that I make from now on as donationware fonts.

Sometime back, I decided to release some of my fonts as donationware. It means that you have to make a donation if you want to get the font. My plan was to limit donationware fonts to, at most, 10% of all fonts on this site. Also, fonts used by Latin American clubs and federations will only be released as free fonts. These self-imposed conditions will no longer be followed from now on.

Even with the policy changes, all fonts previously released as free fonts will remain free fonts and can be downloaded freely. The fonts that will be released as donationware are those that I made myself. Fonts made by others will still be released as free fonts, like the font that I posted today.

It saddens me to make this decision but it is something that I have to do. I am hoping that you will understand why I came to this decision.

16 comments:

  1. trankilo bro... no todos al menos a mi me es de mucho beneficio tus aportes gracias por compartir...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand. Thank you for the past fonts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. si es verdad lo que dices,algunos descargan de aqui y como si fuera suya las venden en los sitios como mercado libre argentina..ami su pagina me ayudo mucho muchas gracias x compartir..lo que otros cobraban

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't like the way you do free digital fonts. I hope you will charge for all those football fonts. What you do for free has affected many commercially made font fonts. including me. I hate the free work you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not make football fonts for profit. This is just for fun and for the learning process. The more fonts I do, the more I learn about making fonts. The fonts were intended for hobbyists that might not have the resources to buy fonts. I assume that you are making fonts commercially so that makes your fonts to be far superior to my amateurish work. People who have the means to buy fonts will always go for quality fonts since they are likely to use the fonts for commercial purposes. What you should watch out for are people who, like you, are making fonts commercially. There's cut-throat competition out there. Some sites are selling their "commercial quality" fonts at basement bargain prices. I do not know if they are still making a profit.

      Do not worry about me. Although there were will still be free fonts releases here, most fonts will be donationware from now on because of some killjoy out there.

      Delete
  5. IF YOU HAVE DECIDE TO DONATE TO GET THE FONT,PLZ NOT JUST TTF OR OTF,JUST ADD CDR OR AI FORMAT,BECAUSE SOMETIMES WE NEED THE FONT TO PRINT!!!!THE FONT NUMBER SHOULD HAVE PATTERN OR CLUB LOGO!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, I do not do CDR or AI. There are many people out there who does that commercially. I only do digital fonts - TTF and OTF. You have to realize that there is a limitation in font editors that makes it almost impossible to place the club or federation crest/logo on the numbers. It is complicated. You will have to make the numbers extra big to do that and I am not comfortable doing that especially you are not guaranteed a distortion-free logo/crest. However, if the logo/crest won't pose a problem, then I have numbers with logo/crest as an option like in the Wolverhampton Wanderers and Jeonbuk fonts. If the logo/crest has letters in it then I can assure you that you won't find a logo/crest on numbers of that font.

      If you are looking for CDR/AI/EPS, I suggest Switch Image Project. I have gotten in touch with Azmie on several occassions and found him to be a very nice person to deal with. Post a note in the chatbox on his webpage to let him know you sent him and email. A heads up helps a lot to get his attention.

      Delete
    2. I see that you sell fonts. Use your TTF at a very large point size, say 300pt to 500pt, at high resolution in your program - Photoshop or Illustrator or Corel Draw. Look at the logo/crest especially on the letters and objects that intersects. Does your logo/crest looks pretty? It looks ugly, right? :)

      Delete
    3. I'm confused why one would even want AI format of a font. AI is not font format, you are basically just asking for vector images at that point. Install the TTF or OTF, open the program, typeset your words, create outlines, and send to the printer. It is a very simple process. Trying to "typeset" words with pre-outlined AI graphics seems like more work than necessary. Where is the baseline, where is the kerning, where is the uniform scaling? Releasing fonts in AI format seems counter-productive.

      Delete
  6. Gracias por las fun¿entes tu trabajo es muy bueno, pero si has tomado esta decisión creo q deberías ponerle precio a lass fuentes que consideres, saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so sad to know this now... But one thing im sure: ur work is amazing, keep going on this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so we appreciate your work and keep going...

    ReplyDelete
  9. É tão triste saber disso agora ... Mas de uma coisa eu tenho certeza: seu trabalho é incrível, continue assim!

    ReplyDelete
  10. concordo plenamente, seu trabalho é muito bom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gostaria de saber sobre a fonte da adidas (flamengo) 22/2023

    ReplyDelete